We lost an amazing family friend last Saturday. He was my Brother inlaw Colby and Sister inlaw Becca's best friend, more like a brother to Colby. He was an awesome guy to be around. Full of life. He always kept us laughing, at him or with him. He left behind a beautiful wife and three beautiful little girls. You could always see how much he loved them. I remeber the first time I met Ryan and Katie it was at Lake Powell when me and Jeremy were just dating. He was constantly calling Katie either Sweetie or Honey. It was so cute. He was a great dad I remember when we were at the Lake Asha would stand between his legs while he was wakeboarding. It would scare the heck out of me but she loved it. They also loved riding on his four wheeler at the Sand dunes. He is the only guy I have ever known that can land a backflip on a wakeboard! I am so thankful for Eternal Families and the knowledge that we will see our loved ones again. I know that he is in Heaven watching over his Family. He will be greatly missed! His stories will live on I am sure because there were so many good ones. Our prayers are with his Family and Friends. We will miss you Ryan I am grateful for the short time I knew you!
I copied his obituary from the Daily Herald:
Ryan William Cox
Ryan William CoxRyan William Cox, 28, of American Fork, passed away tragically, Saturday March 29, 2008 as a result of a motorcycle accident at the Little Sahara Sand Dunes.Ryan was born April 17, 1979 in American Fork to Michael Ray and Deborah Van Orden Cox. He grew up in Pleasant Grove and graduated from Pleasant Grove High School in 1997. He then served an LDS Mission in the West Indies.
15 years ago








7 comments:
I am bawling right now. He really was a neat guy and an awesome dad and husband. I didn't know him that well but the times that I was around him I was very impressed by him and Katie. The last time I saw them was at Walmart and I remember seeing them with their three little girls and thinking that if they could handle three and be sane than I could do it. Katie is a beautiful girl and I have not been able to stop thinking about her. Our thoughts and prayers are with them too.
ther are no words that can ease the pain in there hearts. my prayers are with them thank you for sharing this story.
That is so sad! I was close to tears. I can't even imagine what Katie must be going through right now. I am so sorry for their loss. Those sand dunes can definitly be dangerous, but I'm sure he was doing what he loved. I guess you never know. I'm grateful for eternal families too. I am sure that promise is giving their family comfort during this difficult time. Hugs for you too, I hope your okay. I will call you.
That is soo sad! I cant even imagine; never want to have to... What an amazing thing eternal families are...that has to offer some comfort.
That is so sad! I have already cried about it cause I read it on Cam Jones blog I guess he was there when it happned. So so sad for his wife and family. I could not imagine. Thanks for sharing your story makes us realize how precious life is.
that is the saddest story:( I feel sad for all of you who loved him...
I only met him once but I have been sad all week thinking about this. My prayers are with Katie and her 3 little girls!!!! I hope they are finding some comfort in family and one another. I am sooooo grateful for eternal families. I think that is the only thing that would keep me going after something like that. I can't imagine! I just hope that Katie can find comfort in the Lord and know that Ryan is still with her every second. They sounded like an awesome little family!
Post a Comment