Went to Reese's AG Bell Speech Fair last night. She was born completely deaf and through the miracle of a Cochlear Implant she can hear and communicate. It has been so amazing to see prayers answered and a miracle happen in our family. The kids there from the ages of about two all the way to highschool and even the teachers with hearing aids and implants are all amazing. Jer and I kept getting teary eyed through the whole thing seeing all those little miracles.
Reese can now understand anything you say to her and she is communicating and speaking so well, she will repeat anything you say and speaks spontaniously on her own. She has been part of helping my testimony grow. I was there for the priesthood blessing that said she would hear, and I was one of the people that prayed for a miracle. So thank you Troy and Tara for being such amazing parents to her and for being so strong. Reese I love you so much, I love to talk to you and I love to hear your cute voice.
If you ever see Reese TALK to her because it really is a miracle!
For a recent update from her mom click here http://wwwtroyandtara.blogspot.com/2010/04/reese.html








2 comments:
Sheesh sister. Your the best. You guys have all played a big part in her success. Especially Halley since that is her favorite word! Thanks for being so great. Love ya.
I had a little great niece born deaf, along with many other birth defects. She was able to wear a little implant device underneath headbands that gave her hearing. Because of her other problems we were only blessed with her for 4 years but I'll never forget how hearing opened up her world.
Post a Comment