"I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PUT THIS...
BUT I'M KIND OF A BIG DEAL"

Monday, July 28, 2008

Scaredy Cat...

So my Dad was an amazing Competition Slalom waterskier when I was growing up and is still kick butt!! And he got stuck with 5 girls who were scared to be in the water alone! I started water skiing when I was in the second grade but my dad or an uncle was always in the water next to me until I got up and usually jumped in when we fell. I got a sweet pair of skiis for my birthday when I was in fourth grade, but that is about as far as I went with it. Well to this day I am still pretty scared of being in the water alone, and I am scared of getting hurt. So pretty much every summer that we have been married I have used the excuse that I am pregnant or trying to get pregnant and I wont take any risks!!! This summer I don't have that option... So on the 24th of July we went out on the sweetest boat ever with one of Jeremy's friends from work and did some wakeboarding and surfing. During the wakeboarding I used the excuse that Tara was having contractions and I am the only one in Utah County that could help her so I couldn't get my hair wet...hahaha...well by the end of the day when it came surfing time it became obvious to everyone that Tara was not going into labor and that I could get into the water. So I decided I would try surfing. After Jeremy's explanation on the back of the boat I convinced him that he needed to get in the water with me. So my Great husband got in the water until I finally got up and I surfed (if you can call it that) around him while he sat in the middle of Utah lake waiting to be picked up. I got up a couple times and finally at the end I got my board straight enough and I was close enough to the wave to actually try surfing, but then I was to tired. So maybe next time. Anyhow finally today my dad got a chance at having a little skier (definitely a baseball player, I think a Nascar driver would be cool ) because Tara had the FIRST BOY in our family. He is so cute and we just love him! (By the way Maegen, Ashley, and Dani are pretty dang good at wakeboarding so he's got to be proud of that!)

We had a fun day on the Lake! Thanks Phil and Whitney, you can invite us anytime!







Sorry no pictures of me once I got up because I guess I make retarted faces when I am surfing.


That is totally my foot!

Jeremy Surfing

4 comments:

Lish Fish said...

That surfing is tough. I can wakeboard...kinda. As soon as I am going to go over the wake I kinda panic. Oh well. I am so stinkin excited for Tara...and your dad. I cant imagine. How fun!

Jessica Davis said...

I love the pictures of you trying to surf! I wish I had been there to see your funny faces. Brin looks so stinkin cute in her life jacket. Remember when we were little and I borrowed your ski's once and you were so mad? I just remembered that!

Jenn's Notes said...

I not much of a fan of the water either. I have a fear of not being able to see the bottom. Your girls are so cute. Did they enjoy kung fu panda. My Emma loved it. I loved it. Funniest movie I've seen in a while. By the way, can I get your email?

Tiesha said...

That looks like fun!! I want to try surfing!! Jeremy makes it look so easy!